Birmania - FamousWhy
FamousWhy
USA
Famous People Famous Regions Famous Articles Famous Software FamousWhy Web Services Famous Forum Submit Content
|
create pool

Famous Regions

 
Birmania Questions

- Where is Birmania? by Paige

- What is Birmania? by iulia


Birmania Directory
Submit your website/blog for free
Make it famous!

Famous Tags


republic   city   capital   russia   arabian   french   center   germany   spanish   english   franc   kingdom   island   port   administrative   ukraine   united states   spain   siberia   centre   europe   industrial   cultural   romania   monarchy   dinar   beach   mexico   italy   baltic sea   africa   england   portuguese   netherlands   country   metropolitan  

All Tags

Free facebook fans, followers, likes - SocialBirth.com

 

Birmania

 Q:
 Where is Birmania? - by Paige
       
Birmania Birmania (Myanmar)

General Facts :
Surface: 676.552 km²
Population: 42.561.000inhabitants
Density of population: 59 inhabitants/km²
Capital: Rangoon (2.459.000 inhabitants)
Official language: birmanian
Official currency: Kyat
Imported products: car pieces, textiles
Exported products: lumber, rice, pets, fish
Brut Intern Product: 10.500 millions $
State type: Democratic Republic

Geographical Characteristics :
On the western, northern and eastern borders are mountains, which surround the central valley of Irrawaddy River and its effluents. The western mountains include Arakan Mountains, Naga Mountains, in the north is Hkakabo Ravi Peak which is the highest in Birmania and in the east is Shan Plateau which has a maximum altitude of 2.475 m, but a medium of 1.0 00 m. The valleys of Irrawaddy River and Sittang River are separated by Pegu Yoma but they unite and form a coast plateau and a delta. In the south side of Birmania is the Tenasserim Half-isle which is narrow and with a lot of hills which continues in the south in Thailand until the border with Malaysia.

Climate :
The climate is tropical musonic and there are two seasons: one rainy season between May and October and one hot and arid between November and April. The winds from north-east bring the arid climate and the south-west wind brings the rains. The total quantity of rainfall on the coast region is near 500 cm per year. The highest temperatures are in April and May. In Rangoon the temperatures are 25°C in January and 30°C in July and the rainfall is 260 cm per year and in Mandalay the numbers are: 20, 31 and 80 cm per year.

Agriculture :
49% of the people work in agriculture and 16% of the country's surface is cultivated. The rice is the main cultivated plant and approximately 70% of the cultivated surface is with rice. In the north there are important the corn, tobacco, bean, vegetables, peanuts and cotton. They also cultivate sugar cane and rubber trees in Tenasserim coast depression. 49% of Birmania's surface is covered with forests and the wood is an important exported product. For transport they still use elephants and boats.

Mining and Industry :
Birmania is rich in minerals but the production is still very small. They extract petroleum, natural gases and small quantities of coal, lead, zinc, wolfram, copper, gold, silver and jewels especially in Mogok. The traditional industries are based on processing the rice, sugar and tobacco. There are also factories for cement, textiles, shoes, chemicals and pharmaceutical products. 25% of the electric energy is obtained from hydro electric power stations and the rest of 75% from thermo electric power stations.

Cities and Transports :
Only 24% of the people live in cities. Rangoon is the main port and the industrial center of Birmania. The second city is Mandalay with 532.985 inhabitants. The Irrawaddy River is vital for transports and communications. The navigation extends 1.500 km until to Myitkyina and 600 km along Chindwin River. There are 3.156 km of railways and 23.067 km of roads.

Population and Religion :
The indigene people which came in Birmania from the north they have Tibetan, birmanian, Khmer and Thailand origin. There are also Indians, Chinese, and people from Bangladesh. 85% of the people are Buddhist and the rest are Moslems, Hindu, animist and Christians.



Tags: rangoon, birmanian, kyat, democratic republic, shan plateau


Date Added: 25 June '09


Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :